Skip to main content
 

SISD Letter of Intent for the American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary Emergency Relief Act.

. . .

Posted Date: 06/14/2021


LINCOLN DOUGLAS STATE CHAMPION

. . .

Posted Date: 05/27/2021


2021 Shelbyville Dragon Graduates

. . .

Posted Date: 05/12/2021


2021-2022 Student Transfers

. . .

Posted Date: 04/26/2021


Pre-K Registration & Kindergarten Round up

. . .

Posted Date: 04/21/2021


2020-2021 Covid 19 Plan

. . .

Posted Date: 03/04/2021


Educational Rights Covid-19

. . .

Posted Date: 08/17/2020


Families First Coronavirus Response Act

. . .

Posted Date: 03/27/2020


 
 

About Our Community

Shelbyville is located at the junction of Farm Road 417 and State Highway 87, seven miles southeast of Center in east central Shelby County. The area was settled in the 1820s by people who came from Tennessee, and the community was originally called Nashville. The community was the county seat of Shelby County. The Congress of the Republic of Texas changed its name to Shelbyville in 1837, for Isaac Shelby of Tennessee. Shelbyville was the scene of the beginning of the Regulator-Moderator War, and most of the major battles of the feud were fought in its vicinity. The town had a Republic of Texas post office established by 1843. In 1866 the county records were moved to the center of the county by night and hidden there. This led to a new county-seat designation that same year. In 1884 Shelbyville had a church, a school, a mill, two gins, and a population estimated at 150.